FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Lana Chassman
Director of Public Relations
845.338.0071 x 15
HRMM’S RIVERPORT WOODEN BOAT SCHOOL
LAUNCHES FUND DRIVE FOR ITS YOUTHBOAT PROGRAM
KINGSTON, NY - HRMM Executive Director, Lisa Cline, announces a “pre-launch” fund drive for a new Riverport Wooden Boat School program – Riverport YouthBoat – designed for middle and high school students enrolled in alternative education programs.
“To help the museum off-set the costs of necessary tools and supplies, we have decided to host an impromptu fund drive! The generous support of our community will help make this YouthBoat program a success for these teens,” says Cline.
Riverport YouthBoat is the Museum’s latest offering to area youth, and designed to build character and develop leadership, teamwork and communication skills through wooden boatbuilding projects and on-the-water activities. Students from diverse backgrounds will work alongside experienced craftsmen to learn and problem-solve in a challenging and innovative hands-on environment, complementing classroom learning.
RWBS staff member, Wayne Ford, a graduate of the Rockport Apprentice Shop in Maine and shipwright for over twenty years, will work with these Ulster County BOCES students and area students in this afterschool program to build a 12-foot New England wherry.
The museum will accept any of the following items – in good-working order -- or monetary donations ear-marked for specific tools. Contributions will be acknowledged in the shop.
- Makita 7.25 inch heavy duty circular saw
- Diamond sharpening stone – 3 x 8 inch
- Air filtration system for the shop – to cover 15,000 cubic feet
- Ridgid type 1 outfeed table, heavy duty
- Bosch 3.25 inch industrial power planer
- Milwaukee heavy duty corded Sawzall
- Dewalt driver bit set
- Floor model heavy duty drill press
- Helical cutterhead for an 18 inch Powermatic planer
- Industrial air compressor
- Metal racks for socket organization and storage
- Clamps, all shapes and sizes
- Generic mallets
- 1.5 and 2 inch framing chisels
Please contact Lisa Cline at email@example.com or 845.338.0071 x 20 regarding contributions to the museum’s new Riverport YouthBoat Program. ###