The Hudson River Maritime Museum is pleased to announce the start of a new social media photo contest - #HudsonRiverscape. The public is welcome to participate on Facebook or submit photos via email. All voting takes place on Facebook - the photo with the most likes and comments each week wins a prize!
Photos will also be posted here on the History Blog each Saturday, along with the previous week's winner!
Here are the details:
How to Play
1. All participants must be 13+.
2. Photos may not contain identifiable people and must contain the Hudson River or one of its tributaries.
3. A third party may submit on behalf of the photographer. If selected, photographer, not submitter, will be awarded the prize.
4. One photo submission per photographer, per week.
5. Participants may only win one weekly prize. All contestants are eligible for the grand prize.
6. Full name, mailing address, and phone number required to claim prize.
7. Participants release submitted photos to the Hudson River Maritime Museum for reposting, and grant permission to HRMM to use submitted photos in promotional materials. HRMM will not sell images and photographer maintains copyright.
8. Prizes may be transferred or gifted to another party but may not be sold or exchanged for cash value.
9. In the event that there is a tie for weekly contests, HRMM will draw randomly to select the winner.
10. Close calls for the grand prize may result in a run-off voting selection.
With each weekly photo album, the photo with the most likes & comments will win a Household Membership to the Hudson River Maritime Museum ($60 value).
At the end of the contest, the photo from any week with the most likes & comments will win a free private charter aboard the solar-powered tour boat Solaris for the 2021 season. Good for up to 24 people. ($600 value).
If you have any questions, just email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Facebook. We can't wait to see what beautiful photos you all submit!
If you enjoyed this post and would like to support more history blog content, please make a donation to the Hudson River Maritime Museum or become a member today!
This blog is written by Hudson River Maritime Museum staff, volunteers and guest contributors.
Hudson River Maritime Museum
50 Rondout Landing
Kingston, NY 12401
The Hudson River Maritime Museum is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and interpretation of the maritime history of the Hudson River, its tributaries, and related industries.
Become a member and receive benefits like unlimited free museum admission, discounts on classes, programs, and in the museum store, plus invitations to members-only events.
The Hudson River Maritime Museum receives no federal, state, or municipal funding except through competitive, project-based grants. Your donation helps support our mission of education and preservation.